While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you would have witnessed this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable.
Below is the list of infection control protocol and universal precautions that we have been following and the additional measures since COVID – 19
Sterilization of instruments
- All dental instruments are thoroughly cleaned in ultrasonic cleaner and packed in individual sterile pouches before being heat sterilized in steam autoclave machines.
- The operatory water is treated by special disinfecting tablets.
- We use only distilled water for our machinery
.perform weekly spore tests on our Autoclave machine, ensuring perfect performance for each cycle of sterilization.
- EPA registered hospital grade surface disinfectants are used in the operatories to disinfect between each patients
- We have added medical grade air purifiers with HEPA filters.
To minimize aerosols
- highly efficient suction units
- Intra oral and extra oral high strength suction units
Measures implemented to prevent transmission of the COVID virus and to ensure physical distancing
- We have minimized the seating in the reception and have eliminated magazines in the reception area.
- Appointments are spaced apart to allow for physical distancing between patients.
To prevent cross contamination and transmission of the virus
- We are utilizing all the PPE – N95/Kn95 masks , protective eye wear with side shields, face shield , head cover and gowns
- Frequent hand washing using soap and water is implemented, according to the CDC regulations
- Hand sanitizers are available throughout the office
As per the COVID screening protocol
- Perform temperature checks on all our patients and on ourselves everyday
- Ask the screening questions , as recommended by CDC guidelines
We request our patients to contact us and reschedule if unwell.